Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Why Do We Hurt Those We Love?

I could never fully understand why we hurt those we love. What occurs within ourselves that allows us to hurt those we truly love? I have been one to hurt those I truly love and I have recently hurt the person I adore and love the most. I have no excuses and I don’t know what had the power to possess me and allow me to do something so evil that affected not only myself but the person I love. I have regretted so much in my life. I have done so many things I told myself as a child I would never do and today I reflect upon my life and I regret doing all that I thought I could avoid doing. I have consumed alcohol under the legal age, smoked marijuana, stolen, lied, vandalized property, smoked cigarettes under the legal age, fornicated, made fun of people, bullied children, cheated, etc…but one thing I ask for is forgiveness to all those I have hurt or deceived.
I have no excuse for the wrongs I have done or ways to make it better but to not repeat it again. I have contacted the people that I felt needed apologies from me and I will continue to apologize no matter how big or how small my sin was towards them. I thought that at this point in my life I would have figured it all out and I would have grown from the sorrowful past that haunts me, but truth is I have slipped and fallen on my face. At this point in my life I am more lost than I have ever been. I am not happy with the person that I am and I am not happy with where my life is at this point.
I want to humble myself at the feet of Jesus and surrender to God and all those I loved and continue to love to apologize for any wrong that I have done.
I want to greatly apologize to that one person I hurt the most. Know that I love you so much and I will never do anything so evil and selfish to hurt you, myself or what we have or had ever again.

No comments: