Friday, July 31, 2009

An Intro To My Life:


My name is Felicita Angelica Pedroza (Soto by my mother). I got my name from my great great abuela Felicita who was an amazing angel. I was born in New Haven Ct and raised throughout the inner cities of CT including living in Rochester New York for some time. I have two older brothers, Angel and Luis and an older sister, Maria. My mother was a single mother until we were taken away by DCF (Department of Children and Families). I have been in the system since I was born and in foster care since the age of eight. I am a transfer student from High Point University in North Carolina and would rather not count Sacred Heart in Ct because I was only there for a week before I dropped out...lol. I grew up in the Pentecostal church but have gone on a different path. I still believe there is a higher being such as God and try my best to be a Christian. I love Poetry with all my heart. Poetry is my second love and God my first. I want to be a social worker and help the homeless, addicts, and troubled youth. I have a passion for motivating people because I know what the oppressed are capable of if they dig deep into their depths. I've lived in a lot of "ghetto" neighborhoods and some time in the suburbs. I think I know how to survive in both...lol. I rep Hill Side hard core but I think I rep Poetry even more. I look up to my second oldest brother Luis who's an amazing poet and artist. I love my family with all my heart despite all that they have put me through and continue to put me through. I have two beautiful nieces who have stolen my heart, especially my younger niece Neishaliz who is also my goddaughter. I love music so much. I love to dance but I just love blasting the music real loud. I love everything from gangsta rap like Tupac to country like Reba. I am a real honest person and I speak my mind a lot, maybe too much. I have been teaching myself how to tame my tongue because I rather not get into trouble. I love meeting new people. I just love being at a random place and meeting a stranger and building something so strong that could possibly last a long time. I like children but I rather be surrounded by youth. I love babies. I can't change diapers but I love to observe them and I love when they laugh and smile. I can't stand a crying baby because it shatters my heart into a million pieces. I love the laughter of children. My biggest dreams is basically to become a known poet. I don't need the money and the fame I just want to be known and appreciated for my true deep words. I go to Messiah College and although I had two bad semesters, I have met the most amazing people ever. I love the people there because their hearts are so pure and God loving. I have a lot of best friends because I tend to call a lot of people my best friends. I just love having great friends to love and love me back. I love the beach but I can't stand the sand in my nails and I hate the beaches in CT. I love going to the beach at night and I can't swim that great...lol. I love to rap and write poetry. I love singing but I'm not good at it. I love acting and acting a fool. I love to make people laugh and cheer them up. I used to love going to church but church at Messiah is not what I would want to spend a couple hours at so therefore I'm on chapel probation..hahha. There's a lot to write about myself and my experience growing up. I've been through a lot and I think that my story will reach someone and change their life the way it changed mine.

No comments: