Saturday, August 1, 2009

He Found Me



I did not find Poetry
He found my hands
I did not ask to be his woman
He asked to be my man

I blessed him with verses
He blessed me with rhymes
I controlled the temple
He gave me more lines

I divided them into stanzas
He donated terms
A page was impregnated
By his poetic sperm

Birthing poems
And I to deliver
He was the voice
That made the readers quiver

He gave me my ring
For a life time to bind
He sat at my fingertips
He sat in my mind
I did not find poetry
He found me
I did not ask to be saved
He set me free

He grasped my hand
Clutching to forever control
Interlaced in love
That will forever grow

Poetry found my hands
And I his depth
He snatched my heart
And stole my breath

1 comment:

Pyrnie said...

I really like this poem its simple but has some deep points in it...Keep up the good work:)
Signed,Pyrnie