Saturday, August 1, 2009

To You From Me

I sit here and reminisce of all the tears I’ve made shed
My depression so deep I wish I could just drop dead
Baby I never meant to hurt you, that is not what I intended to do
So now I sit in this lonely somber room crying for you
Wish I could hold you in my arms because my apology is not enough
Wish I could pave this road smooth because it might be rough
I wish that I could take back the things that I have done
Love you with all my might until we become one
I wish I could give you everything you need, but baby what can I give?
I give my sincere love; my mistakes I hope you can forgive
I know what I did was betrayal, I know you hurt deep within
The regret flows deep in my veins and crawls deep within my skin
I try to break free from this beast that is trying to destroy who I truly am
I sit here breathless, don’t know what else to say but damn
I messed up; I dug myself deeper into a hole
But my love for you will not allow me to let you go
There have been difficult times, but who said love was light
I hold you and this love with all my might
When you fall I will pick you up and hold you up high
When you cry I will be there to wipe the tears from your eyes
I was thoughtless, baby please forgive me
Do not lock your heart; I want to possess the key
I know this will move you a few steps back
But understanding is what I lack

I want to understand you; I don’t want to hurt you
I promise to be more aware of the things I do
With every unspoken word, I grow weak
So baby I understand if you do not want to speak
Just know that I love you

No comments: